Ingredients: Brown rice protein powder
Made from sprouted, whole-grain, non GMO brown rice. Protein extracted by fermentation/ mechanical means without chemicals.
Country of origin: USA
Gluten free. Dairy Free. Soy Free
Amino Acids (per 1g)
- Alanine 54mg
- Arganine 92mg
- Aspartic Acid 86mg
- Cystine 24mg
- Glutamic Acid 17mg
- Glycine 43mg
- Histadine 21mg
- Isoleucine 44mg
- Leucine 83mg
- Lysine 36mg
- Methionine 32mg
- Phenylalanine 55mg
- Proline 50mg
- Serine 41mg
- Threonine 37mg
- Tryptophan 12mg
- Tyrosine 54mg
- Valine 60mg
More about essential Amino Acids and Brown Rice Vegan Protein:
There are 20 amino acids that build protein within the body and these are called proteinogens. Adults and children require 8 essential amino acids from food as we cannot produce these proteins, while babies require 9 essential amino acids with the inclusion of Histidine.
The 8 essential amino acids are:
- Valine - a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) that works with the other two BCAAs, Isoleucine and Leucine, to promote normal growth, repair tissues, regulate blood sugar and provide energy
- Isoleucine - increases endurance and aids in muscle repair as well as clotting, when injured.
- Leucine - works with the amino acids isoleucine and valine to repair muscles, regulate blood sugar and increase energy levels. Further to aiding in the production of growth hormones and burning visceral fat
- Phenylalanine - required for the normal functioning of the central nervous system, it balances mood and acts as an anti-depressant.
- Methionine - required to produce antioxidant glutathione. Needed to produce amino acids, cysteine and taurine, that help the body eliminate toxins, build healthy tissue and promote cardiovascular health.
- Threonine - promotes growth by maintaining the protein balance within the body.
- Tryptophan - required for production of serotonin, vitamin B3 or niacin, and auxin
- Lysine - involved in the production off antibodies for a strong, healthy immune system
Brown rice protein contains all 8 essential amino acids, it is an antioxidant that prevents cell damage and fights free radicals further to regulating cholesterol and improving liver and heart function.
The peptides in Brown rice reduce weight gain. Reports have shown that Brown rice protein can be beneficial for diabetics as it significantly impacts the severity of blood sugar spikes and aids in regulating glucose levels.
Sprouted rice protein is hypoallergenic and easily digested, it is gluten and dairy free and has high levels of Vitamin D.
A study published by the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition proved that brown rice protein is as effective as whey protein in supplementing body composition and exercise performance, this is due to its high levels of Arginine, a BCAA that is crucial for building muscles.
Another study by the University of Tampa that was conducted over the course of eight weeks with experienced bodybuilders found that the results were the same for plant based proteins as animal based proteins. They focused on recovery and soreness, muscle growth and change in build and improvements in strength, the study concluded that Rice protein was beneficial for bodybuilders.