Ingredients: Vegetable protein (Pea) (obtained by mechanical means without use of chemicals)
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soy Free
100% natural, non-GMO. No additives, No sweeteners. Just pure 80% protein
Laboratory tests on pea protein have shown that there is up to 90% absorption rate.
Amino Acids (per 1g)
- Alanine 34mg
- Arganine 60mg
- Aspartic Acid 91mg
- Cystine 6mg
- Glutamic Acid 134mg
- Glycine 32mg
- Histadine 21mg
- Isoleucine 35mg
- Leucine 63mg
- Lysine 54mg
- Methionine 6mg
- Phenylalanine 38mg
- Proline 32mg
- Serine 41mg
- Threonine 27mg
- Tyrosine 26mg
- Valine 50mg
More about essential Amino Acids and Yellow Pea Protein:
There are 20 amino acids that build protein within the body and these are called proteinogens. Adults and children require 8 essential amino acids from food as we cannot produce these proteins, while babies require 9 essential amino acids with the inclusion of Histidine.
The 8 essential amino acids are:
- Valine - a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) that works with the other two BCAAs, Isoleucine and Leucine, to promote normal growth, repair tissues, regulate blood sugar and provide energy
- Isoleucine - increases endurance and aids in muscle repair as well as clotting, when injured.
- Leucine - works with the amino acids isoleucine and valine to repair muscles, regulate blood sugar and increase energy levels. Further to aiding in the production of growth hormones and burning visceral fat
- Phenylalanine - required for the normal functioning of the central nervous system, it balances mood and acts as an anti-depressant.
- Methionine - required to produce antioxidant glutathione. Needed to produce amino acids, cysteine and taurine, that help the body eliminate toxins, build healthy tissue and promote cardiovascular health.
- Threonine - promotes growth by maintaining the protein balance within the body.
- Tryptophan - required for production of serotonin, vitamin B3 or niacin, and auxin
- Lysine - involved in the production off antibodies for a strong, healthy immune system
Pea protein has shown to decrease muscle breakdown after work outs further to aiding in weight loss by delaying emptying of the stomach. Pea protein is one of the few plant sources of Vitamin D, studies on the protein have shown that supports heart health by lowering blood pressure further to delaying or preventing chronic kidney disease (CKD). Pea protein can also prevent diabetes and aid diabetics as it regulates blood sugar levels.
A study published by the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition proved that Pea protein is as effective as whey protein in promoting muscle thickness, this is due to its high levels of Arginine, a BCAA that is crucial for building muscles.