Valentine’s Day is around the corner and what better way to show you love someone than with a deliciously healthy homemade sweet treat. These scrumptious bonbons are a quick and easy gift to make for that special someone (or perhaps you just feel like treating yourself!)
200g Medjool dates (with pits)
1 tablespoon of Maca powder
1 tablespoon of Colostrum powder
2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
2 tablespoons of macadamia nut butter
2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut (for decoration)
To be noted:
To make them into chocolate bonbons, add 2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder and 4 tablespoons of goji berries.
1. Soak the cashews in water for 1.5-2 hours. Drain the water and put them aside.
2. If you are using Goji Berries, soak them with the cashews.
3. Remove the pits from the dates.
4. Depending on the type of blender you have, you can either blend cashews first, remove the mixture, then blend dates and then add the already blended cashews.
Alternatively, you can start with blending the dates and then add the other ingredients if your blender is a more powerful one.
5. Place the mixture into a bowl
6. Add Maca and Colostrum powder to the mixture
7. Mix the ingredients together with your hands
8. Roll the mixture into balls (bite size or larger)
9. Put the desiccated coconut onto a plate and roll the bonbons in the coconut for decoration
10. Place into the fridge for 2-3 hours to set
How to make the bonbons into a Valentine’s Day gift:
You will need:
A small glass jar
Some ribbon of your choice
Red or pink cellophane
1. Cut the cellophane into small squares (15 cm x 15 cm)
2. Place the bonbon inside the square
3. Gather all the corners of the square together and tie them together with some ribbon
4. Place into the jar (add as many as you would like or can fit into the jar)
5. Tie some ribbon around the jar for extra decoration
About the superfood ingredients:
Maca is an ancient superfood found mainly in the Andes near central Peru. It is a cruciferous vegetable (it is related to vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage) with its root being the main edible part. Maca has been traditionally used for its health benefits on boosting libido in both men and women, improving mood, balancing hormones and relieving menopausal symptoms.
Read more here.
Colostrum powder (Bovine colostrum) is derived from cow’s milk, produced by mammals prior to first breastfeeding. It is rich in antibodies which are good for stimulating the immune system. Additionally, it has been found to improve athletic performance and may aid in strengthening your gut as well as helping to fight infections.
Read more here.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
No comment at this time!