Quinoa and Snap Pea Salad
Our daily diet should consist of a certain amount of greens, but more often than not, we don’t eat nearly enough. Snap peas are a delicious and crunchy element that you can add to your salads or any meal to get that extra bit of green goodness into your diet. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and manganese. Eating your greens is important, because they help to alkalise the body and they are rich in micro-nutrients that are essential for our body to function optimally.
Here is a quick and easy way you can incorporate snap peas into your diet:
- 1 cup Organic White Quinoa
- 2 cups filtered water
- 125g Organic Snap Peas
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 small Red Onion
- Half a Cucumber
- 1 tablespoon Organic Olive Oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt and Black pepper to taste
- 100g Feta Cheese (or Irene’s Vegan Feta Cheese)
Method for the salad:
- Rinse the quinoa in a bowl and then empty out the water
- Place rinsed quinoa into a pot and pour the water to cover the quinoa.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and let simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes until water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the fresh veggies – wash and chop up the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and snap peas.
- Remove quinoa from the stove, place it in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, snap peas, and red onion, olive oil, lemon juice, Himalayan salt and black pepper to the quinoa and mix well.
- Then crumble feta (or vegan feta) cheese on top.
- Serve in 4 deep plates and add a sliced chicken breast or sliced boiled egg to each portion.
- For vegetarian – omit the chicken.
- For vegans – use Vegan Feta instead of regular feta.
- Dish up and enjoy!
- This recipe goes well with roasted chicken breast or boiled eggs.
Here is a quick recipe for Macadamia Nut Chicken Breast:
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 3 tablespoons Macadamia Nut butter
- 1 teaspoon Curry spice
- 3-4 tablespoon Organic Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
Method for the chicken:
- Prepare the marinade by mixing Macadamia Nut butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Aminos and dried ingredients in a bowl.
- Place washed chicken breasts onto a small baking tray.
- Pour marinade mixture over the chicken breasts, make sure they are covered well on both sides.
- Cover with beeswax cloth (or cling wrap) and leave the marinated meat overnight in the fridge.
- Cook in preheated at 180 degrees Celsius oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Make sure you don’t overcook the chicken breast, it will become dry if it is overcooked.
In Same Category
No comment at this time!