60 vegan capsules
Ingredients per capsule: Ganoderma licidum (250mg) with pre-biotics
Directions to use:
Adults and children over 12 years: 2 to 3 capsules twice daily
Children 6 to 12 years old: 1 capsule twice a day
Not recommended for children under 6 years old.
Nutritional Components: Polysaccharides (Ganoderic acids A, B, C and D), Triterpenoids, Lucidenic acid B, Danodermanontriol, Ergosteroids, Complete proteins, Coumarin, Mannitol, Lactones, Alkaloids, Steroids, Nucleotides
Note: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Bioactive properties and health benefits of Reishi:
- Anti-tumour effect -May boost immune system. Can promote interferon inducing activity. Assists in stimulating cancer cells apoptosis and cytotoxic effect reinforces membrane of cancerous cells to prevent from spreading metastasis).
- Post chemotherapy recovery - Can reduce side effects of chemotherapy and enhances benefits of other drugs. May inhibits thrombogenesis and Iysesthrombi on the wall of surrounding cell tissue and removes blockade of cancer medication, thus increases the effectiveness of these drugs;
- Anti-allergy effect - May suppress over-active allergen production which inhibits histamine release.
- High cholesterol level - Can reduce HDL cholesterol in the blood and the amount of free fat.
- Cardio-vascular system - Modulates blood pressure and promotes improved blood circulation. Improvise the diastolic level which is by far most valuable property. Increases blood flow of coronary artery. Lowers the side effects of anti-hypertensive drugs.
- Anti-aging effect - Improves skin tone, skin texture, contributes to the fading of skin pigmentation due to its antioxidant properties. Prevents tissue cell and organ degeneration. Prevents senility. Assists in maintaining a youthful constitution.
- Anti-diabetes - Adjusts insulin sensitivity. Reduces blood sugar level. Restores pancreas function.
- Anti-HIV activity - Elevates the natural healing ability of the body. Allows the body to regain a strong immune system. Has a cytopathic effect, inhibits HIV-1 PR enzyme;
- Liver protection - Lowers the GOT and GPT levels. Improves the function of the liver at chronic hepatitis;
- Thromboses prevention - Inhibits platelet aggregation due to the natural anticoagulant properties.
More about Reishi:
Reishi grows wild on decaying logs in Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea and the rest of the coastal regions of the Far East in densely wooded mountains with high humidity and dim light. 99% of Reishi growing in the wild in Japan are found on old stumps of plum trees. Wild Reishi Mushrooms are scarce. Out of 10,000 aged trees, perhaps 2 or 3 would have Reishi growing on them. The spores of this fan shaped mushroom have such a tough outer husk that makes germination extremely difficult and this accounts for its rarity.
The cultivating process is extremely hard making Reishi an expensive fungus. Reishi has a large, tough and thick woody body with no gills but instead pores that release their seeds (spores). All six varieties of this mushroom are in fact one species that under different environmental conditions display the six colours in full splendour – yellow (Kishiba), black (Kuroshiba), purple (Murasakishiba), blue (Aoshiba), red (Akashiba) and white (Shiroshiba). The red variety is the most commonly used and commercially cultivated.
The hard texture makes Reishi an inedible mushroom, but it is suitable as tea or extract.
The 2200 years old scripture “The Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing” is considered today the oldest book on oriental herbal medicine that offers the classification of 365 species of roots of grass, woods, furs, animals and stones in three categories. The first category, called superior, includes herbs effective for multiple diseases and mostly responsible for maintaining and restoring the body balance with no unfavourable side effects. Reishi is ranked number one of the superior medicines.
Reishi has been used in traditional oriental medicine for more than 4,000 years to treat liver disorders, hypertension, fortify the bones and tendons, diminish nervous tension, treat general fatigue and weakness, arthritis, deafness and other ailments.
The numerous studies and observations prove that Reishi has multiple benefits in a very wide range of diseases and symptoms, shows no side effects and can be consumed in high dosages and in combination with other medications.
Information provided by Medi Mushrooms South Africa. http://www.medimushrooms.co.za
Read more about Reishi here.