60 vegan capsules
Ingredients per capsule: Lentinus edodes (250mg) with pro-biotics
Directions to use:
Adults and children over 12 years: 2 to 3 capsules twice daily
Children 6 to 12 years old: 1 capsule twice a day
Not recommended for children under 6 years old.
Nutritional Components: Amino Acids (Arginine, Leucine, Lysine, Phenylalanine, Valine), Minerals (Fe, Zn, Mn, K, P, N etc), protein, fibres, vitamin B, B12, D, Beta-Glucan, Heteroglucan, Polyacelyne, Guanosine 5’ –Monophosphate, Adenine derivative
Note: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Bioactive properties and health benefits of Shiitake:
- Anti-tumour properties - Improves functioning of a depressed immune system. Prevents chromosomal damage induced by anti-cancer drugs. Reducing side effects from radiation and chemotherapy.
- Anti-HIV properties - Stimulates the production of interferon; provides synergistic. (Combined and improved) effect with azidothymidine (AZT).
- High cholesterol - Accelerates the metabolism and the excretion of ingested cholesterol.
- Liver protection - Strengthens the function of the liver; assists liver in detoxification.
- Weight loss effect - Produces a fat-absorbing compound that assists in healthy metabolism.
Primary chemical constituents of Shiitake include Polysaccharide (lentinan), eritadenin, proteins, largely unsaturated fatty acids, minerals and vitamins D, B-2, B-12. Lentinan, the highly purified polysaccharide fraction extracted from Shiitake, is an approved drug in Japan and has been used as an agent to prolong survival of patients in conventional cancer therapy as well as in AIDS research. Lentinan is commercially available for clinical use. In Japan mushroom extracts have become the leading prescription treatment for cancer.
Lentinan is not only effective for cancer treatment, but may prevent the increase of chromosomal damage induced by anti-cancer drugs with no known side effects. In scientific articles Chihara stipulates: “The leading principles of the function of lentinanresides in the fact that it can cure patients by restoring their homeostasis and through enhancement of their intrinsic resistance against diseases.”
Information provided by Medi Mushrooms South Africa (http://www.medimushrooms.co.za)