Ingredients: Colostrum powder from cow's milk, Soy Lecithin
Allergens: Lactose (Cow’s Milk), Soy (Lecithin)
Directions to use: Mix or blend one heaped teaspoon (5g) with yoghurt or a cold beverage. Or add to a smoothie.
More about Colostrum Powder:
Colostrum is a pre-milk fluid that contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats and minerals, it is produced by mammals prior to the first breastfeeding.
After the first feeding the fluid begins to change to milk and this is referred to as 'transitional milk', the transitional stage from pre-milk fluid to milk lasts about 2-3 days. The pre-milk fluid is highly beneficial and responsible for strengthening the immune system of new born mammals, which are sensitive to pathogens, allergens and antigens.
Used by the American Amish and Indian cultures for years because of its health benefits, Colostrum is often the first medicine provided in India when a person falls ill. Further to being celebrated by the Amish, just after a cow has given birth, Amish families harvest the Colostrum after the calves first feeding and prepare it into a porridge, that is enjoyed by the whole family.
Revered for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties Colostrum boosts the immune system, regulates and reduces inflammatory factors and helps to protect against bacteria and fungi as well as auto immune disorders like arthritis, allergies, asthma, multiple sclerosis, lupus, diabetes and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Used for general immune enhancement and to aid in recovery against colds and flu, sore throat and dental problems.
Benefits of Colostrum:
- Protection for the body's Immune system
- Activates the Immune systems potentiality
- Supports Immune system functions
- Regulates Immune system
- Providing immune protection for those with compromised mucosal immunity (candida/ mouth sores)
- Stops diarrhoea and inhibits the accumulation of oxidized cholesterol.
- Further uses include taking Colostrum for losing weight, as it helps the body better utilise food by burning more glucose and enhancing the body's metabolism. Reports from those using the supplement state that they have had less food cravings, a reduced appetite and loss of body fat.
- Athletes benefit from supplementing with Colostrum as it can aid with healing injuries and promote growth of lean muscle tissue as well as increasing physical and mental performance.
- Other benefits include reversing or slowing signs of aging and it may assist with skin conditions like hives or eczema.
- For periodontal problems, a paste can be made by adding water to the powder and applied to the infected area.
- Supplementing with Colostrum reduces free radicals within the body.
- Anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, immunity booster, weight loss, muscle repair and recovery, anti-aging items that promote good health and overall well-being. Lifematrix is a division of Absolute Organix, who have been the forerunners for natural and organic products within South Africa since 2004.