Winter Soup with Meatballs, Mung Beans & Quinoa
Delicious, hearty soup - perfect Winter supper for the whole family. Get your children to help with making the mince balls, they will love it! Play around with the ingredients – you can substitute Mung Beans with Baby Marrows or Green Peas, and Brown Rice can be added instead of Quinoa.
MEATBALLS, MUNGS BEANS & QUINOA SOUP
500g organic beef mince
3-4 tbs flour (any general purpose flour or a gluten-free flour)
2 carrots, cut into small pieces
1 brown onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, cut
3 tbs Mung Beans
4 tbs White Quinoa
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Put the flour into a large deep plate.
2. With your hands roll the mince into small size balls (like bonbons).
3. Roll the mince balls into the flour to coat evenly.
4. Bring water to boil in a medium size cooking pot. When the water is boing, slowly add all mince balls.
5. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Lower the heat and allow to cook for about 30 minutes.
6. Add the quinoa and cook for another 20 minutes.
7. Add baby marrow and remove from the stove.
8. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
9. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley.
Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice (or Apple Cider Vinegar) with or without bread of your choice.
Download RECIPE CARD
In Same Category
Related by Tags
No comment at this time!