Valentine’s Day is fast approaching! Thinking of ideas of what to do is not always easy, but I have you covered with these raspberry brownies which are a lot of fun to make and even more fun to eat!
So why not give these delightful brownies a try this Valentine’s Day! Make them for a special someone in your life or, just make yourself a treat, because you also deserve to spoil yourself!
I used frozen raspberries for this recipe, but you can swap them out for fresh raspberries. I didn’t use any sweetening or any forms of sugar, but you can add in some sweetness if you so desire. There was a bit of sweetening (i.e., honey) from using Gayleen’s Vanilla Dark Chocolate, but otherwise, I didn’t add in anything extra. This recipe is also gluten and dairy-free, but you can substitute the ingredients to suit your taste.
1 ½ Cups of Frozen raspberries (250g) (or fresh) (Save the ½ for topping)
½ Cup of Organic Coconut Flour
Gayleen’s Vanilla Dark Chocolate (200g)- If you want, you could use cacao nibs instead.
1 tsp of Organic Coconut Oil
¼ Cup of Organic Cacao Powder
1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
¼ Cup of Rice Milk (or any milk of choice)
- Defrost the frozen raspberries to room temperature (you can either take them out a while before you start baking or you can microwave them)
- Blend one cup of raspberries in a blender until smooth (try to blend them until the seeds are gone)
- Place dark chocolate and coconut oil in a glass bowl over a pot of hot water. Melt the chocolate.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl with the raspberry puree and blend together.
- Mix in the leftover ½ cup of frozen raspberries, you can also stir in some extra chocolate pieces if you would like some extra chocolatey goodness.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the tray.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes
- Let the brownies cool for about 30 minutes before cutting them. They will have a slightly fudgy texture.
- Enjoy over a nice cup of tea or coffee!